Sunday, April 21, 2013

Warrior of Love

When I was younger, my favorite anime was Sailor Moon. I loved it almost to the point of obsession. Ai no Senshi. Warrior of love. So simple a concept but so appealing to a little girl. Then I grew up. I pursued my dreams of love and creation. But the world isn't as kind as I thought, not as lovely as my dreams. The world was a broken one. And I learned, so was I.

I got lost. What was my purpose? What was I supposed to be doing? I had power and achieved success. But I was empty. And the cracks on my shell was starting to reveal the hollowness I felt. I didn't want people to see it. Especially not the people who were important to me, who looked up to me.

So I called out to God. And He found me. He saved me and gave me a new heart. And I pledged my allegiance to Him. It was then I realized the answer to my question of purpose was so simple: Ai no Senshi. It didn't matter much what I wanted to do, but how and why I went about achieving it. I follow my King. Everything I do is for His Glory. And what does He want me to do? Love. Love God and love others. So simple a concept yet quite difficult to actually do.

Almost everyone wants to fight for love. But what does it really take to be a Warrior of Love? What sacrifice does it really entail to love a person? This blog aims to explore the human heart and talk about the Warrior of Love in all of us. It aims to talk about the very real battles we all go through in this broken world, our triumphs and innermost longings, and the God King who loved us to the point of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment